If you have a crop then there is a a recipe for food preservation. Small batches are really delightful. They require less time, less ingredients and allow you to put up a delightful diversity of batches. For example, rhubarb. In small batches, you can put up Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam, Rhubarb Syrup, Rhubarb Chutney, Roasted Rhubarb, Sparkling Rhubarb Jelly. Then comes winter. You can revisit summertime in so many delightful ways!
These five titles are diverse, but all feature small batch vegetable preservation. With small batches, you maintain your sanity and can have a great diversity of food in jars and your freezer.
• 'Put 'Em Up': Fennel and Onion Jam
• 'Put 'Em Up Fruit': Apricots in Honey Syrup
• 'Food in Jars': Green Tomato Chutney
• 'Tart & Sweet': Tomato Ketchup (really, the best!)
• 'Pickled Pantry': Busy Person's Zucchini Relish